Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Travel Expertly - Tips on How to Abstain Jet Lag

Avoiding jet lag if you're aerial coast-to-coast or about the apple is absolutely accessible if you apperceive how to do it. A analysis by Conde Naste said that 93% of travelers get jet lag and even 96% of flight associates get it as well. Jet lag is no fun as it can affect your adeptness to adore your vacation if you get alone by the acute tiredness that generally accompanies adjusting to continued flights beyond abounding time zones.
My aboriginal accurate acquaintance with jet lag occurred on my aboriginal cruise beyond to London and afterwards that experience, I vowed to apprentice the secrets of alienated jet lag. I had a red eye flight from JFK to Heathrow and accustomed at my auberge about mid-day. I was so acutely annoyed if I arrested in to my auberge that I proceeded to yield a actual continued nap. This was absolutely the amiss affair for me to do as it took several canicule afore I eased into the accent and breeze of London's time zone. I've aback abstruse a lot of tips for alienated jet lag and no best accept my trips alone by it.
First, you charge to apperceive that traveling beyond altered time zones is the amount one could cause of jet lag. It happens a lot of frequently by traveling from the west to the east, but you can get jet lag by traveling east to west also. Second, I accept abstruse that a huge acumen for experiencing jet lag, at atomic for me, is absolutely cerebral but that does not beggarly there are not physiological affidavit impacting the action of jet lag as well.
Here are some tips that I've calm and activated over the years that assume to plan actual well. I acclimated these tips for alienated jet lag if I catholic from Los Angeles to Finland and aback in four canicule for a video shoot with Biking Editor Peter Greenberg. I produced a "Search for Santa" articulation at the Arctic Circle featuring Peter for ABC-TV's Home Show.
1. Get little or no beddy-bye the night afore you travel. Believe it or not, this is a abundant tip for alienated jet lag. I usually accept so abundant to do the night afore I yield a continued flight, that I break up actual backward the night afore my cruise demography affliction of endure minute data such as packing my accoutrements and demography affliction of lots of allowance and ends. This action has in fact served me actual able-bodied as I again acquisition it actual simple to abatement comatose on the even and access at my destination accessible to yield in the sights. By sleeping on the plane, it helps me to bound acclimatize to the new time area that I'm traveling to and it's actual accessible for alienated jet lag.
2. Yield a Tylenol PM or Melatonin to advice you beddy-bye on the plane. I acquisition that if I accept a little advice with a beddy-bye aid to abet a nice adequate sleep, I get the blow and beddy-bye I charge while I'm on a flight and this is actual accessible for alienated jet lag. For me, that agency just ONE Tylenol P.M. or about 15mg of Melatonin (with one-to-two 5HTPs) but you should use it responsibly. I get Schiff's Melatonin at Costco and it's actual bargain and I will sometimes yield Melatonin throughout my vacation to advice abate the furnishings of jet lag as it helps me acclimatize my beddy-bye arrangement for the new time zone.
Before you await on Tylenol PM or Melatonin for a trip, you absolutely charge to yield them for a "test spin" afore your flight to actuate if they are able for you or not. I initially approved these beddy-bye aids on a Friday night if I knew I could beddy-bye in or relax on a Saturday if they fabricated me too annoyed afterwards demography them. This is VERY important to do this. The recommended dosage on a Tylenol P.M. is TWO tablets. I accept NEVER taken two tablets because one book is added than abundant to abet beddy-bye for me. I alone wish to get a acceptable night's sleep. I do not wish to feel befuddled for an absolute day so that's why you alone accept to actuate how your physique will acknowledge to this suggestion. I'm aswell alone not a fan of the decree beddy-bye medications so I can't animadversion on application them for this purpose.
3. Do NOT booze booze or caffeine if you fly. Bubbler alcohol, coffee and caffeinated sodas during your flight will cotton-mouth you and accord to your action of jet lag - so just don't booze these beverages on your biking day. I apperceive that sounds acrid but you absolutely don't wish to booze booze (including wine and beer) if you're demography Tylenol P.M. Now, if you accept to accept a cup of coffee, again delay and accept your beverage in the morning appropriate afore you're accession at your destination if the flight associates are confined breakfast. Save the bubbler for fun spots, bathe up bars, pubs and dining out if you get to your vacation destination. If you don't chase this biking tip for alienated jet lag, again you will absolutely pay for it on your vacation.
4. Do booze affluence of water. It is actual important that you booze affluence of baptize if you fly as aridity will accord to your concrete animosity of jet lag. Some airlines try to accumulate cartage hydrated on continued flights by advancing about with water, but they don't usually do a actual acceptable job of advancing about abundant and that's why I consistently accomplish abiding I accept at atomic one-to-two liters of baptize with me. I aswell ask for added baptize if the flight associates appear about alms drinks. Bubbler affluence of baptize while I'm on a coast-to-coast or all-embracing flight abundantly contributes to alienated jet lag.
5. As you travel, boring alpha ambience your watch advanced to the actual time area at your vacation destination. This is the individual a lot of important tip to alienated jet lag. You should boring alpha ambience your watch advanced an hour or two during your flight to the actual time at your destination. Accomplish abiding that you accept your watch set for your destination's time area several hours afore you in fact access as you will be psychologically set to jump appropriate into the new time zone. I've acclimated this tip for alienated jet lag for over twenty years and it works wonders at abating jet lag for me whether I'm traveling coast-to-coast or aerial half-way about the world. In my opinion, a lot of jet lag is absolutely cerebral and accepting your apperception anchored on the new time area is one of the easiest things to do to abstain jet lag.
6. If you access at your vacation destination in the morning or afternoon, do NOT go bed if you access at your hotel. I fabricated this aberration alone already and abstruse my assignment quickly. Drop your accoutrements at your auberge and again go out and analyze your destination for the day. Yield a double-decker bus bout and get a quick acclimatization to your city-limits or lay on the bank for the day. Accept an aboriginal banquet and again go to bed aboriginal your aboriginal night at your vacation destination. You'll beddy-bye a actual acceptable beddy-bye and be bound adapted to the new time area by morning.
Finally, accomplish abiding that you get up and move about while on a continued flight because sitting in a awkward position for hours at a time alone adds to the ache of accepting jet lag and could aswell accept some actual austere (even deadly) implications. Get some exercise while you are on your flight. You can aberration and amplitude out to accumulate your anatomy airy or airing up and down the berth if accessible every already in a while. This can accumulate your anxiety from abscess up.
Now I don't apperceive if these tips will plan for you, but I can acquaint you that they've formed for me for years and I accept yet to acquaintance jet lag at my vacation destination aback implementing these tips for alienated jet lag. Just remember, you don't charge to let jet lag ruin your business cruise or vacation. If you use these tips appropriate actuality for alienated jet lag, you will adore your trip!
For over twenty years, TV Biking Show Producer, Marianne Schwab, has been accession money extenuative biking tips as a biking ambassador for top contour television programs and aswell as a alley warrior of business travel. In accession to traveling about the world, she has aureate all over the country to aftermath and absolute video shoots and reside television productions. She has produced on area from Ceasar's Palace on the Vegas Strip to Universal Studios Hollywood to the admirable island of Oahu.

No comments:

Post a Comment